Major Gifts Director
Responsible for carrying out the philanthropic mission of Union Gospel Mission Dallas reporting to the Chief Development Officer by strategizing, developing and implementing individual major and some blended gifts with bequests. The position requires a high level of relationship management and sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred with relevant experience specifically general fundraising with an emphasis on individual major and corporate giving.
Must have seven or more years of demonstrated fundraising experience in securing philanthropic gifts and proven track record in creating strategy to meet these goals.
Demonstrated leadership, managerial and communication skills as well as ability to work with and motivate others. Understanding of constituent software required.
Must demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively and in a team environment to as an individual contributor to achieve common goals. Collaboration and the sharing of information as well as manage fundraising through relationships and analysis. Exhibit the ability to recognize and leverage opportunities and identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals. Ability to influence others with strong oral and written communication skills, must demonstrate command of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Heavy computer usage, administrative and clerical functions in a “team” office environment. Must have transportation and flexibility for attendance at public functions, and some evening and weekend work required. Lifting files and office supplies required, up to 25 pounds.
Exposure to Confidential Information:
- Maintain confidentiality and follow policies related to volunteer, personnel, and client records
- Uphold the Donor Bill of Rights
- Works closely with CDO to develop a robust major giving program for the annual and capital budgets.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit potential major gift donors $5,000 + by organizing specific action plans and involving volunteer and staff leadership.
- Develop and market opportunities within the community for strategic partnerships. Work to engage others in mission and becomes an integrated part of the overall development effort. Prepare written materials including donor and volunteer correspondence and solicitation materials.
- Serve as primary liaison with major gifts committee. Work with this committee to develop levels for recognition and events.
- Encourage strategies to reach individual fundraising goals and facilitate personal solicitations of prospects with support of volunteers.
- Manage all aspects of the individual major giving goals and then builds strategic and tactical plans to achieve these goals.
- Facilitate input from the professional team, mentor and build a sense of collaboration and accountability.
- Oversee cultivation, solicitation schedule, prospecting and research using constituent database for benchmarking and reporting and assist CDO & CEO with in person visits as assigned.
- Manage a prospect portfolio with annual and capital goals for personal visits and giving outcomes.
- Support other development initiatives as assigned.
- Employment eligibility verifications
- Reliable transportation
- Valid TX driver’s license
- Current automobile insurance
- Current tuberculosis test
- Successful completion of background screening.