Role and Responsibilities
The Development Coordinator is an integral member of the Union Gospel Mission Dallas staff, supporting fundraising and development initiatives and bolstering organizational efficacy through management of the office-wide database. The DDC reports to the Chief Development Officer and works closely with the Development team, assisting our diverse fundraising initiatives include fundraising events and mailings, donor communication, also works closely with the rest of operations and programs teams to provide fundraising reports.
- Fundraising- Provide support to major fundraising benefits, including administering preparation of major gift mailings, making follow-up calls and emails to prospects and maintaining tracking systems. Assist with Life Builders program and lapsed donors, including preparing acknowledgement letters and responding to inquiries and executing contributions and annual donor outreach efforts.
- Research and Administration- Perform general departmental administrative duties, including meeting scheduling, maintenance of donor files, and responding to general email inquiries. Provide various fundraising reporting and follow-up on pledges. Assist with prospect research and support weekly prospect check-ins and assist with managing major donor movement within the Development team.
- Database Management- Support the management of the donor database and infrastructure to effectively manage donations, which include data entry, acknowledgements, queries, report building, and assessing donor trends and analytics. Work with external consultant in conjunction with the Chief Development Officers to fix current implementation errors. Daily maintenance, including gift processing, contact management, trouble shooting and addressing
- Generate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for executive leadership and board, and respond to ad hoc requests by communications, public programs, and research for outreach lists, event registration and funder reporting. Perform regular and project-specific reporting to generate necessary reports and lists.
- Evaluation- In an effort to ensure continuity and quality, the DDC tests and evaluates the effectiveness of all database management as a tool to reach, interest and involve individuals and the public in the Mission’s work. Suggest revisions to programs based upon results.
This position has a responsibility to ensure retain and increase the number of donors.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or Associate’s degree and at least 1 to 3 years in database experience, preferably with a development/fundraising database.
- Computer literate and technologically proficient in standard word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications
- Highly motivated self-starter, with proven ability to develop creative solutions.
- Ability to work both individually and as a part of the team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Great attitude and people skills
- Ability to integrate a complex organization with a highly creative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of and commitment to serving the homeless population in Dallas County.
- Employment eligibility verifications
- Reliable transportation
- Valid TX driver’s license
- Current automobile insurance
- Current tuberculosis test
- Successful completion of background screening.