Job Summary: Provides spiritual counseling and case management to disciples, future disciples, and overnight guests, in which the individual’s needs are identified and the appropriate physical, mental, and spiritual resources are located. Supports a Christ-centered approach to life transformation.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Shares the Gospel of Christ through chapel services, bible studies, small group meetings, and one-on-one counseling sessions.
- Conducts needs assessment screening for new disciples/guests to obtain information for formulating an appropriate spiritual and physical recovery plan with reasonable, achievable goals.
- Explains UGM’s ministry philosophy, daily guidelines, and procedures; assists disciples/guests in completing required forms and in gathering necessary documentation
- Identifies spiritual, psychosocial, economic, and physical needs of disciples/guests; refers disciples/guests to appropriate services and assists them in obtaining such services; assesses and reassesses their needs and eligibility for services in order to plan, develop and implement an appropriate transformation recovery plan.
- Provides ongoing case management. Maintains each client’s file; prepares complete and accurate case notes; documents each visit and all occurrences. Completes a daily log of case management encounters for monthly statistical reports.
- Prepares written correspondence and reports; may prepare statistical reports and summaries; inputs data into Mission Tracker homeless management system.
- Assists disciples/guests with external needs as appropriate occasionally transports them to appointments or to the departments that will assist them with community resources
- Offers Christ-center spiritual hope and encouragement for disciples/guests in crisis. Provides spiritual counseling as needed.
- Consults with appropriate staff to determine disciples/guests’ Medicaid/Disability status and eligibility
- Continually reviews Medicaid/Disability processing of assigned disciples/guests, reports results to the appropriate staff member on a monthly basis and records statistical data
- Communicates with appropriate staff concerning any newly prescribed medications.
- Provides support case management and in-services for other departments
- Attends weekly staff meetings. Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Mission’s service to its disciples/guests by offering suggestions and participating as an active member of a disciples/guests care team.
- Supervises social work interns if necessary
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and the employee’s skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills & Requirements:
- Has accepted Christ as Lord and Savior required
- Bachelor’s degree in biblical studies: counseling, teaching, preaching preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work preferred; Master’s degree preferred
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW) preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of social work preferred
- Prior biblical counseling and/or public health experience preferred; Experience with and knowledge concerning the community-based setting and mental health population is preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to work with clients, hospital staff and various community agencies.
- Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of social work and case management techniques
- Public and private social services providers within the community and community resources and programs available to residents
- De-escalation and crisis intervention techniques
- Ability to
- Assess cases appropriately and utilize the most appropriate community resources.
- Prepare correspondence and other written materials.
- Use initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines; organize own work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Work independently and collaboratively, utilizing and obtaining necessary resources for clients
- Balance time among disciples/guests, Mission staff and relationships with outside agencies
- Communicate effectively and keep proper boundaries with clients.
- Proficiency with, Mission Tracker, MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Email cover letter and email to firstname.lastname@example.org